Sunday 25 September 2011

Another blanket


Another long break without writing.  I have been doing some knitting, mainly on the new blanket, #143.  This one is double knitting weight on size 4 mm needles.  I enjoy knitting it.  The light colours cheer me up.  The yarns are good, too, several cottons and two mohair.








I unravelled a mohair cardigan for this.  It was quite simple, in a broken rib pattern, very easy to unpick despite mohair's tendency to stick.  Compared with the white mohair that I also use it seems thin.

I was going to unpick a second sweater, this crochet top by Chillipeppar.  I started by unpicking the edging, but I changed my mind when I saw the yarn.  It is very thin cotton, several unspun threads.  I decided it would add nothing to the blanket, so it went to the dump.  Now that I have got so much yarn in the wool store, I have less patience unpicking garments.  It's not that I don't enjoy it, but it seems to take so much time when I could be knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment