I seem to have a waiting list of blankets to be finished. I have finally - nine months after finishing the crochet of all the blocks - made time to join the blocks for blanket C10. This was very enjoyable bus crochet for over a year. When I got the blocks out again I realised that I had forgotten that the blocks were different sizes and that I would have to do two smaller blankets.
The first blanket consists of all the brown and the larger rust blocks. Again I joined them using a crochet slip stitch and I did the edging using one round of double crochet and one of crab stitch. I think it worked OK. I could have thought more about the arrangement of the blocks. The extra rust block might have been better placed in the opposite corner.
The result is a light blanket, 100 by 113 cms, a perfect size for a child. Personally I like the colours, although I can see that many would not. They come across as 1970s colours. I washed it in the machine without problems.
I really like the pattern that the decreases make and the texture that they give. The slip stitch join makes a ditch on the right side and I don't mind it at all.
Now I am fastening the ends of blanket #154 and I will finish it before going on to continue with the rest of the blocks for blanket C10.