In the next blanket I aimed to finish more of the bright yellow yarn, but it turned out that there was not so much left. So I turned to pink instead. I added a strand of the bright pink cashmere to every row. It makes the blanket thicker, and the feel of cashmere is obvious although not as much as I had thought. The other colours are mainly beige or light brown, and something urged me to include some blue, grey and green.
I unravelled the next Susan Duckworth Basketweave sweater - I wrote about these earlier. I had not realised before that this one was knitted mainly in 4 ply wool. The colours are similar to the pattern and they are the same brand, so I assume they are Rowan. Thin yarn is always useful, so this is not a problem. The exceptions are the dark grey, a synthetic, and the crosses which are in DK wool.
The blanket is pink. I quite enjoy it. My next aim is to finish the pinks and reds, and then my blankets will be dull and lovely. I realise now that when I buy wool I check the quality first and that colour is secondary, so I have started reminding myself to consider the colour as well.